Stacyann Chin's Opening Ceremony by Yessica

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

For You

I will wear my mittens for you.
At our age it's tacky, but
your heart is broken--

I can tell it in the way you
call me six times
so as not to get my voicemail
because it always makes you smile,
in the way you suggest we
meet under the bridge like we
used to,
in the way I can hear you
pacing over the phone, slow
in the way you learned from me
such a long time ago.

So for you I will wear my mittens.
I will take them out of the box
in my closet,
I will meet you under the bridge,
and I will let you pretend that we
are still the same people.



DISCLAIMER: I'm not a poet, guys. But I was looking for a way to talk about moving on from a person or idea and how you have to learn to deal with it after.

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment